I'll post pics once my camera and camera cord are in the same state (sigh). But it was a good Christmas for sewing goodies. I haven't spent much time with the in-laws so they were happy to have some hobby to latch onto for gift-giving purposes. Additionally, DH's paternal grandparents both passed away this year (very, very expected but still sad) and I was given a number of his grandmother's old sewing items. Those, of course, were extra special gifts.
Anyway, the short list of new goodies that I can't wait to play with
- Kit for a simple, beautiful purse, put together by MIL. She did a great job. :)
- Vintage McCall pattern for, of all things, a gingerbread house. Made from ginger bread. Must scan and post picture.
- Sewing scissors and thimble broach, from DH's late grandmother.
- Sew Simple magazine for Dec/Jan. Nice magazine, though I see why Threads is the more popular. Still, some great little projects in it.
- Patternmaking book from my parents. Very helpful!
- Clear ruler and collection of fabric marking pens and pencils from good friend. I'm always loosing my pens so that was extra appreciated!
Unfortunately a cold has knocked me out a bit. More time to look through the goodies but no energy to do much with them. Sigh. Lots of orange juice, chicken soup, and tea and I should be better this weekend! Just in time for classes to start up. I'll miss being on break!
Wadders and Where is my sewing mojo!
5 days ago