Saturday, November 22, 2008

Swap Item 2 - Done!




Burda WOF 02-2005-117

Finished (?) my first bottom for the SWAP - a nice denim skirt I can wear to class or out and about! The question mark is due to a couple things - first, it needs something to fasten the waistband closed. As you can see from the technical drawing, it's supposed to have ties but I think it'd clash with the belts I've been collecting. Shoes and belts are such my weakness. So I'm thinking about putting in a couple of hooks and eyes and seeing if those work nearly as well. Also I'm still considering putting in a front slit for walking room (the original intent was a kickpleat but I was tired while cutting out and SO messed that up) though I don't like front slits (a little tarty, IMHO) so unless I find the skirt binding (haven't so far) then I'll leave it alone. Also, in keeping with my epic-basics I'd intended to add some hand embroidery but I also really like it as is. So I'm letting that sit and perculate.

But until then I'm wearing the skirt and really loving it. Yay for SWAPs and new clothes!

4 comments:

Salinda said...

Cute skirt! Are you participating in a SWAP contest, or simply very, very motivated? I did my first SWAP with PR this past spring, and then I did the 2 mini-swaps. What fun!

Have a great week!

Alicia said...

Thanks! I've joined in the SWAP 2009 contest over at Artisan Square Sewing Forum. They inherited it after Julie at Timmel Fabrics decided to retire and it's great having the incentive and encouragement to keep on it. Fingers crossed that I can get all 11 pieces made!

Maja said...

Great skirt Alicia!

Alicia said...

Thank you, Maja! Recognize the Burda? I believe it's one of the magazines you gave me - Thank you! :)