Pattern used: McCall's 5590
The lining done! Er, nearly - I don't want to hem it until it's in place. That's why it's uneven with the front panel 1" longer than the back. But besides that, doing a fitting muslin really paid off - the fit is PERFECT! And, I think, very, very flattering.
I used a heavier lining-weight poly I had in my stash from who knows where. I'll add sew-in boning to the sides to ensure it stays up. Hopefully tonight or, at the latest, Wednesday, I can get the fashion fabric cut out and start sewing it up. Like any basic skirt pattern, this is a breeze to put together. I did increase the work by dividing out the given two back darts into four. I have a sway back and that always means a lot of fabric to dart in.
The actual skirt will have a zipper-slit on the side and so you can see the lining's matching slit. The zipper slit won't be quite that high. At least, I don't think it will. :) I found a 22" invisible zipper in my stash so we'll see how racy it can be!
Wadders and Where is my sewing mojo!
4 days ago